[phenixbb] AUC2019. Registrations still open. Graduate and Postdoctoral scholarship awards available.
renwick.dobson at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jul 3 21:57:01 PDT 2019
Dear Structural biology community,
AUC2019<https://auc2019.uleth.ca/>, the 24th AUC Workshop and Symposium, will be held at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch (New Zealand) from 24-29 August 2019.
1) Registrations are now open and details can be found at this website: https://auc2019.uleth.ca/. Early Bird Registrations have been extended to the 15th July.
2) Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is generously offering one scholarship to a Graduate student and one to a Postdoctoral fellow to attend AUC2019 in Christchurch, New Zealand. Awardees will have their transportation (including airfare) and registration to the symposium and workshops covered (to a value of $1500USD). In addition, awardees will give a short talk in the symposium on their research. If you are interested, please submit the following to Ren Dobson (renwick.dobson at canterbury.ac.nz<mailto:renwick.dobson at canterbury.ac.nz>) by the 18th July:
i) a 400 word summary on how AUC has been used in your research, or alternatively, how you intend to use AUC during your research. (in pdf format)
ii) A CV (in pdf format)
iii) a scientific abstract for the talk. A template for the abstract is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sccrqoyp9wo7alm/NZ.AUC2019_AUC_SampleAbstract_for_ScholarshipApplicants.docx?dl=0. (submit in pdf format)
Note, deadline for the Beckman Coulter Scholarships is the 18th July. The winners will be announced by the 31st July.
3) As the scientific program<https://auc2019.uleth.ca/symposium.php> for AUC2019 emerges, events will be uploaded to the website. We strongly encourage you to submit abstracts for talks and posters<https://auc2019.uleth.ca/abstracts.php>.
4) The format of the event is a 2-3 day workshop<https://auc2019.uleth.ca/workshops.php> offering parallel, hands-on training in experimental design and the latest AUC data analysis software from the world experts in this area followed by a 2 day research symposium on AUC and complementary approaches: methodological development, combination with orthogonal techniques (SAXS, SANS, SPR, MST, SEC-MALLS etc), application in biosciences and material sciences.
5) The meeting is also timed such that delegates can also attend the Biomolecular interactions and Engineering Symposium<https://www.queenstownresearchweek.org/bio-interactions/>, which is part of the Queenstown Molecular Biology Conference (this is in Queenstown, NZ), although note that this is a separate conference.
6) Lastly, The European Biophysics Journal has kindly agreed to run a special issue to celebrate the research presented at AUC2019. Therefore, we invite those who wish to extend their talks to a journal publication to consider contributing original research articles to this issue. Please indicate your interest for inclusion in this volume below. Deadline for registration of a contribution is August 30 2019.
We look forward to welcoming you to Christchurch, New Zealand next Spring(-ish)!
Ren Dobson, Chair AUC2019
On behalf of the AUC2019 Scientific Organising Committee
Prof. Ren Dobson
Co-Director, Biomolecular Interaction Centre (BIC) http://www.bic.canterbury.ac.nz/
School of Biological Sciences | Te Kura Pūtaiao Koiora
University of Canterbury | Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch | Ōtautahi
New Zealand | Aotearoa
E: renwick.dobson at canterbury.ac.nz<mailto:renwick.dobson at canterbury.ac.nz>
T: ++64 (03) 369-5145 x 95145
F: ++64 (03) 364-2590
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the phenixbb